Artist, sculptor, draftsman, born in 1994 in Warsaw, Poland. He lives and works in Warsaw.
Author of Non–Humans, a sculpture installation, created in Warsaw, standing in front of the historic building of the Masovian Institute of Culture in Warsaw, since 2021.
In 2022, he received a personal medal in the Cyprian Kamil Norwid Award in the visual arts category.
In 2013 - 2014, he studied at the Graphics Department of the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw. Followed by two years studying at Krzysztof M. Bednarski’s Sculpture Studio. In 2019, he graduated from the Faculty of Sculpture of the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts.
He is currently working on a new sculpture and drawing project the Deconstruction of Survival.
The most important exhibitions, solo and group:
• 2023, April - Exhibition at the -1 Gallery in the Czapski Palace in the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw, entitled: Put out the sun. Kill the birds.
• 2022, May - Individual Exhibition of Drawings by Jan Gostyński, at the Mazovian Institute of Culture. Jan Gostyński showed a dozen or so large-format drawings showing the process of creating sculptures from the Non–Humans series.
• 2022 - Publication of a bilingual (PL/ENG) catalog entitled: Jan Gostyński. Non–Humans in an edition of 500 copies. ISBN: 978-83-66605-13-8.
• 2022 - Sculpture Laboratory III at Koneser's Prague Center in Warsaw, the largest event dedicated to contemporary sculpture in Poland.
• 2022 - Jan Gostyński was nominated for the Cyprian Kamil Norwid Award in the category visual arts. At the awards gala, he received the award in the form of a personal medal.
• 2022, October - The second edition of the Individual Exhibition of Drawings by Jan Gostyński, at the Mazovian Institute of Culture. At the exhibition, he showed another dozen or so large-format drawings depicting the process of creating sculptures from the Non–Humans series.
• 2022 - He was took part in an artistic action Put out the sun. Kill the birds in Nowy Sącz.
• 2021, May - Unveiling of the author’s sculpture installation entitled Non–Humans in front of the building of the Mazovian Institute of Culture at Elektoralna 12 Street in Warsaw. Three monumental sculptures cast in aluminium, bronze and resin.
• 2021 - He designed a monumental spatial form for an architectural project (Dawid Jarosz, Patryk Gwiazda). The project was created for the competition for the development of a concept for the development of public space in the area of Złota and Zgoda streets in Warsaw. The architects’ design with spatial form set in front of the building of the House under the Eagles was awarded in the competition.
• 2020 - UNIVERSUM - Artistic Interpretations of Polish Achievements in the Field of Space Research, exhibition at the Prom Kultury, Saska Kępa gallery in Warsaw.
• 2020 - Exhibition entitled Postcard from home at the Salon of the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw.
• 2018 - Individual Exhibition entitled No Beginning. No End. at the Artzone gallery in Cracow.
• 2018 - WIHAJSTER/ FREITAG/SWALLOW - student exchange with Universität der Künste Berlin (Berlin University of Fine Arts) ended with an exhibition and performance at the Salon Gallery of the Academy in Warsaw.
• 2018 - Refuges Welcome exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art (MSN) in Warsaw.
• 2018 - He took part in inter - university art workshops entitled Sounds of Space taking place in Harenda. The workshops were attended by the Faculties of Sculpture from many art schools in Poland.
• 2018 - The Sounds of Space exhibition at the PROMOCYJNA gallery at the Academy of Fine Arts in Cracow.
• 2017 - Festival AKADEMIKS, or a review of new post-academic art, held in Warsaw at Burakowska 14 Street.
• 2016 - Interdisciplinary Festival City of Stars Żyrardów, Poland.
• 2016 - He took part in the international, scientific and artistic conference entitled You must not. Rebellion against stereotypes in artistic attitudes held at Harenda, Zakopane, Poland.
• Since 2014, he has been a guest participant in the actions of the art group Experimental Laboratory of Science and Studies (E.L.N.B.): Invasion of Insitent Animals/Raft of Medusa/Mr. Penguin and Mrs. Penguin/There were three Ghosts and there was a very angry Tiger.